Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ellen DeGeneres a CoverGirl!

Ellen DeGeneres is getting ready for that close-up.

On Tuesday's Ellen DeGeneres Show, she confirms that she is the new face of CoverGirl.

"You know how I always like to share what's going on in my life with you all, and I was going to give you some news, and unfortunately rumors started circulating all over the Internet," she tells the audience.

"I am here to set the record straight right now. I am not pregnant. It just turned out to be a bump. I went and had it checked out," she cracks. "That's not the news. I am the new face of CoverGirl."

See Ellen DeGeneres' wedding photo.

She then jokingly poses as a model. "That's the first thing they teach you when you're a CoverGirl," she quips.

Although her campaign is not set to launch until January, "somehow people found out about it," she says.

She then gives her audience a glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes at a CoverGirl shoot.

See photos of your favorite 90s models - then and now.

"Theyre putting some lip liner on me man, they love lip liner!" she says. "I got hours and hours."

She says she's "very, very excited" about the new gig.

She adds, "Its a very cool thing Im honored and the photo shoot was 'easy, breezy, beautiful CoverGirl'"

Can you believe Ellen -- and these stars -- are 50?

No comments: