Thursday, April 16, 2009

How God Has Changed My Life

Christianity equals freedom, for me.

I go through myYearbook’s myMag section every day to see what people have to say, especially in the regular old comments or in a new article. I respect the opinions of others, but that certainly doesn’t mean that I have to agree with what people say.

I love my faith. I see a lot of people on here testing the faith of others. You can try and stop my faith, but that will never happen. I am stronger than the hurtful words that I read. I bet a lot of kids and teens these days lose their faith because of people that bash their religion.

I believe it has to do with the public school teachings as well. It bothers me that they are more than allowed to teach evolution, but they are not allowed to teach Christianity. It seems to me that with all the comments that I see, there are less Christians these days.

I was there once. I used to think that it was un-cool to believe in God. I used to think, what is the point? Especially, since nothing else could help me. I have had some serious ups and downs throughout my 17 almost 18 years of life, but something did change me.

I was forced to go to church in my middle school years, the years I truly did not believe. While my faith did not exist then, I always looked forward to hearing the music. I can say that was my starting point through the long process of questioning my faith in God.

Come middle school, my faith was growing stronger. But it was lost again when I arrived in high school. I went back to the same old thing. Listening to hard rap with hateful words, my anger issues caught up with me again. My second turning point had to be in the 11th grade.

People say that God does not talk to you, but he really does. You just have to listen closely. I was in my room one day and all of a sudden, I looked at the bible. Without really thinking, I started reading the first chapter. I was seriously moved! I brought my bible to class and read it. I was so interested, it was like a regular book, but this was not fiction, heck no! I have been changed ever since.

The funny thing is that a kid in my class came right up to me and told me that I was brave for bringing my bible to school. I did not understand until a while ago that peoples’ faith like that kid, was diminished. I don’t like seeing that at all. I don’t like seeing people killing themselves because they believe no one cares for them, that no one is listening. If people were more honest with their faith of God, I bet the suicide rate would definitely go down. I bet if people read the bible, abortion rates would go down; maybe the horrible things that I witness everyday would diminish.

You can tell me what you think of this article, you can tell me that I am hiding behind my book; you can tell me whatever you feel like. I would like to see more Christians out there besides me, because really, I am starting to think that finding a Christian in this world is very rare and hard to find.

No comments: