Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do Tell: What's the Strangest Place You Ever Met Someone?

Now that we've all dished about how our parents met, I've been trying to think of the craziest places I've met men I've dated. Then I realized, all of mine are pretty boring: the dorm, the gym, the office, weddings, bars . . . ho hum.

But I do have friends with great stories, including a guy who got a girl's number through a car window while riding across the Golden Gate Bridge (thankfully, he wasn't driving). So I'm hoping you guys have some more interesting stories about the weirder places you've met your mates and dates. What's the most unusual place you've met a potential love interest?


A science-fiction convention. It was my first one, and he was the celebrity they'd flown in to host it. We ended up getting married.

I've met men in many different places -- outside a courtroom (an attorney), in a doctor's office (yes, the doctor), in a grocery aisle, when I was driving (another driver), etc. They were all unexpected places where I met someone, and received an offer. I declined most of them, as I was either attached or married at the time.

my first summer home from college, I met a boy who I ended up dating for the rest of the summer (cue "Grease" soundtrack) at one of his classmate's "Getting Out of Juvie" Party. no lie. my boy was not in juvie but it was still a really hilarious pretense.

I met my current boyfriend at a keg Smiling and my ex boyfriend while working on a homecoming float.

I once had a guy rear end me at a red light so he could get my number (he was definitely cute and he didn't damage my car but for a few scratches which he paid to have buffed out).

At Chuck-e-Cheese with my little brother. The guy was playing with the basketball game, and lost one of the balls...I tossed it back to him and he made a semi-crude remark about it. Nothing came of it, I'm in a committed long term relationship, and it was kind of creepy.
Weird thing was, a few months later when I brought my brother to school, the guy was there with his two daughters..turns out they're classmates. Talk about awkward..

"I once had a guy rear end me at a red light so he could get my number (he was definitely cute and he didn't damage my car but for a few scratches which he paid to have buffed out)."

OMG, that happened to me, too! I was pissed at the time, so of course, I turned him down. Also, I was married. But I would have rejected him anyways, even if I was unmarried and available. I was so mad.

i was at a gay bar on Halloween last year with my tranny friends. i somehow got to talking to the guy next to me who was straight but there with his gay brother.

No comments: