Saturday, June 13, 2009

Worth by Reverend H Chronicles

(Verse 1)
Sometimes,
You’re told just who to believe.
But in time,
The ones you know can be just way too much.
We’re told to believe in authority,
To confide, and embrace the cross,
But when life unfolds, breeds fornication,
I’m the child that’s lost.

(Part 1)
I come to you to trust.
I come to you to talk.
You came to me with disease.
To hold me, and assault.

You’re the one I trusted.
You’re the one I tried.
I became your victim.
The thing you didn’t have at home.

(Verse 2)
We’re bond,
By a system, to say how perfect it should be.
And we’re prey,
To the ones we trust,
Such as, our father, and police.

(Verse 3)
Entrapped,
By our social teachings, breeding our social disease.
How must we survive, when our hearts are dependent, on the beliefs that we are safe?

(Extra’s 1)
(2 xs) I’m the child in need.
I’m the one who’s lost.
I’m the child in need.

(Part 2)
You’re the one I trusted.
You’re the one I tried.
You’re the one I believed in.
I fell in your lies.
You’re the one that took me.
And I’m the one that you tasted.
You’re the one I confided in.
And I’m the one you broke.

(Verse 1)
(Extra’s 2)
(2 xs) I’m the one who’s lost; I’m the child in need.
Am I not worthy?
I’m the child that’s lost.
I’m not worthy.
I’m the child in need.
I’m just not worthy.

(Part 3)
I was a child in need.
I trusted in you, but you took me away; consumed me like food.
I was lost, you came, I believed in you.
I confided to trust, you took me to pursue.
You’re comforts inside, on the times I failed.
You took me; I was tried as something else.

I was unworthy of you, but you chose me as food; to consume me.
I’ve trusted you, I was broke in half.
You took me apart.
You tore me up, and chewed me like food.
I’m unworthy, of you.
I’m so, unworthy of you.
I can’t be consumed.

I trusted in you, as you tore me apart.
I trusted in you, you’re the one I tried.
I’ve thought so much this time, you’ve took.
I’ve confided in you, as you took and took.
I’m unworthy.
I was a child in need.
I’m not worthy.

No comments: